www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From ma...@apache.org
Subject Re: documentation/2221: Make online documentation search link back to my installation
Date Mon, 05 Oct 1998 22:57:30 GMT

Synopsis: Make online documentation search link back to my installation

State-Changed-From-To: open-suspended
State-Changed-By: manoj
State-Changed-When: Mon Oct  5 15:57:29 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Interesting idea.

For linking this to a local search: CGI scripts would have
to be enabled by default, and right now they aren't. There
could be links to both a local and remote search, though,
but this gets a bit ugly. Maybe

The other idea of using the referer URL seems feasible.
The referer URL can sometimes be blocked by a proxy,
though.

I'm marking this as suspended for future consideration.
If you're still interested in doing this work, you can get
the scripts used on the Apache site either through CVS or
the CVS web gateway. Pointers to both are at
http://dev.apache.org/. I can probably send you the script
as well if you'd like.