www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Pawel Jasinski <paw...@cableshare.com>
Subject os-windows/3145: Less buffering of the CGI scripts doesn't work (WINDOWS!)
Date Mon, 05 Oct 1998 18:09:55 GMT

>Number:         3145
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Less buffering of the CGI scripts doesn't work (WINDOWS!)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The following CGI script on Windows doesn't produce output
until the 47th line is generated.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl       or  #!c:/Perl/bin/perl.exe

local ($oldbar) = $|;
$cfh = select (STDOUT);
$| = 1;

print "Content-type: text/plain", "\n\n";

for ( $i = 0; $i <1000; $i++ ) {  printf(
"%04d---------------------------------------------------------------

The above script works fine on Unix. Updates are generated every second.
To rule out perl as a possible cause of troubles I also tried to use regular foo.bat aproach:

@echo Content-type: text/plain

dir
rem c:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\sleep.exe 10
c:\ntreskit\sleep.exe 10
dir

The Windows results are consistent (assuming dir produces ~20 lines).
There is no update until the end of the second dir.