www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Nicolai Langfeldt <j...@math.uio.no>
Subject mod_include/3129: If-Mosified-Since checks wrong date on documents that should be mod_include processed
Date Sat, 03 Oct 1998 16:23:17 GMT

>Number:         3129
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       If-Mosified-Since checks wrong date on documents that should be mod_include
processed
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Let .htaccess contain 'XBitHack full'.  This should fix the file modification
dates so they are the last of all the involved files.

Let a proxy(squid 2.0) translate no-cache/reload to If-Modified-Since requests.

Modify a included file.  Shift-reload the including page in netscape.  It will
not be updated.

This of-course affects all programs wanting to use If-Modified-Since to get
new versions of SSIed documents.

Conclution: 'XBitHack full' is not full.  Its partial.  This is either a
documentation feature or a software feature.  I'm partial to calling it a
software feature.