www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From ma...@apache.org
Subject Re: general/3103: apache fails to compile
Date Wed, 30 Sep 1998 22:55:14 GMT

Synopsis: apache fails to compile

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: manoj
State-Changed-When: Wed Sep 30 15:55:12 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Could you please try compiling with CFLAGS=-g and running
gen_test_char (in src/main) through a debugger to
determine where specifically the program is exiting?

If you don't know how to use a debugger, please send me
your gen_test_char binary in private e-mail so I can try it
out.

I have not have problems with gen_test_char on any of the
machines I have compiled it on, using gcc 2.7.2, or egcs. If
you have another Linux box (with gcc 2.7.x for example),
try building Apache on it instead.