www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From kp...@raleigh.ibm.com
Subject Re: os-windows/3038: PATH_TRANSLATED is shifted to lower case from mixed case
Date Wed, 30 Sep 1998 21:08:24 GMT

Synopsis: PATH_TRANSLATED is shifted to lower case from mixed case

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: kparz@raleigh.ibm.com
State-Changed-When: Wed Sep 30 14:08:22 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Hello,
I did some investigating on this one, and as it turns
out, this is working as designed.  On Win32, PATH_TRANSLATED
is not required to preserve the case of the filename.  In
fact, PATH_TRANSLATED does not even need to be supplied
by the server.
There is a document I encourage you to read. It is a
CGI spec which is not yet an RFC, but I believe it is
headed that way.  You can find it at
<http://Web.Golux.Com/coar/cgi/>
There's also a mailing list there too which you can
subscribe and make your opinions known.

Thanks for using Apache.