www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Fabien Coelho <coe...@cri.ensmp.fr>
Subject general/3098: apache does not report some system errors.
Date Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:05:28 GMT

>Number:         3098
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       apache does not report some system errors.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
apache does not report some system errors.

for instance, in ap_is_directory() if the stat fails for some reason,
it returns false (okay) but there is no way to have the error to be reported
explicitely to some log. In my case for some obscure reasons I had an
internal kernel error reported with stat but I could not make it be explicitely
described (strerror) without patching the source.

My request would be that under some apache command line options(?) all system
errors could be reported explicitely instead of silently returning something
and going on as done in most ap_* functions.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
add code to test all system errors and report them (puts(strerror(...))