www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Kerry Neighbour" <kneighb...@simcomcity.com>
Subject Re: os-windows/3012: CGI (perl) scripts don't run at all
Date Mon, 28 Sep 1998 13:00:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/3012; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Kerry Neighbour" <kneighbour@simcomcity.com>
To: coar@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-windows/3012: CGI (perl) scripts don't run at all
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 98 22:40:29 +0000

 In your Message regarding "Re: os-windows/3012: CGI (perl) scripts don't
 run at all" dated 28 Sep 98, coar@apache.org said that ...

 > The Alias directive is used to map URI locations to
 > filesystem locations.
 >
 >   Alias /usr/local/bin/perl "j:/perl/perl"
 >
 > will not help your CGI problem because the shebang line
 > starts as a filesystem location and never goes through
 > the translation.  Why should it?  It's a local file telling
 > the local server where to find another local file; the
 > network and the Web aren't involved at all.
 >
 > As Shane pointed out, try fixing your scripts' shebang lines
 > to be "#!j:/perl/perl.exe" and see if the situation improves.

 Well, it changes. But it still dos not work. I get the following error.

 "Internal Server Error

 Couldn't spawn child process"

 BUT.....I could get the cgi to work if I made a directory on the same
 drive as Apache called

 /usr/local/bin

 and copied all the perl files into there. The same script that gave the
 'Couldn't spawn child process' now works.

 This is the best solution anyway - the whole reason for me having an
 Apache server here is to debug perl scripts for my real Apache websites. I
 have to maintain the UNIX paths as on the website.

 =A0=A0

 Regards

 Kerry Neighbour
 kneighbour@allclear2000.com
 http://www.allclear2000.com
 AllClear 2000 Pro, checking your PC for Y2K hardware compliance
 SIMCOM Software     Australia   Ph +61-7-3841-3999