www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From sha...@raleigh.ibm.com (Shane Owenby)
Subject Re: os-windows/3012: CGI (perl) scripts don't run at all
Date Mon, 28 Sep 1998 12:50:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/3012; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: shaneo@raleigh.ibm.com (Shane Owenby)
To: kneighbour@simcomcity.com
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-windows/3012: CGI (perl) scripts don't run at all
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 08:39:46 -0400 (EDT)

 Kerry Neighbour Wrote:

 > In your Message regarding "Re: os-windows/3012: CGI (perl) scripts don't
 > run at all" dated 28 Sep 98, shaneo@raleigh.ibm.com said that ...
 >
 > > Synopsis: CGI (perl) scripts don't run at all
 > > 2. Make sure the #! line is going to the perl interpreter.
 > Well, this might be the problem. I have all my scripts set to
 > #!/usr/local/bin/perl

 The Alias will not effect the #! line in your perl scripts.
 Try and put the actual path to your perl interpreter and this will work..

 ALso note if you are using ActiveSTate perl 4.005 ( I think ) then it
 installs to a weird and long path....you can NOT move this to something
 like d:/usr/local/bin as then the libraries do not work....

 Please try with the correct #! line and provide feedback.
 Shane