www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Kerry Neighbour" <kneighb...@simcomcity.com>
Subject Re: os-windows/3012: CGI (perl) scripts don't run at all
Date Mon, 28 Sep 1998 06:50:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/3012; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Kerry Neighbour" <kneighbour@simcomcity.com>
To: shaneo@raleigh.ibm.com
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: os-windows/3012: CGI (perl) scripts don't run at all
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 98 16:41:42 +0000

 In your Message regarding "Re: os-windows/3012: CGI (perl) scripts don't
 run at all" dated 28 Sep 98, shaneo@raleigh.ibm.com said that ...

 > Synopsis: CGI (perl) scripts don't run at all
 >
 > Please try these things and see if your problem is fixed:
 > 1.  put your cgi-bin directory in a dir with no spaces to it
 > ( d:\apache ) and NOT c:\program files\blah.

 It is. The cgi-bin directory is

 In access.conf

 <Directory "h:/data/web_data/simcity/cgi-bin">

 > 2. Make sure the #! line is going to the perl interpreter.

 Well, this might be the problem. I have all my scripts set to

 #!/usr/local/bin/perl

 This is the standard UNIX location, but of course on my local Windows
 system this is not correct. In srm.conf I have the following alias

 Alias /usr/local/bin/perl "j:/perl/perl"

 I also have perl on the Windows path.

 > 3. Some cgi changes went in with 1.3.2 please try and reproduce
 > wirh 1.3.2 ( I have tested perl cgi's on 1.3.2 and they worked
 > for me.

 Fails on 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 the same.

 =A0=A0

 Regards

 Kerry Neighbour
 kneighbour@allclear2000.com
 http://www.allclear2000.com
 AllClear 2000 Pro, checking your PC for Y2K hardware compliance
 SIMCOM Software     Australia   Ph +61-7-3841-3999