www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Vyacheslav L. Zavadsky" <zavad...@im.bas-net.by>
Subject Re: general/3085: Access FORBIDDEN where requesting a directory without index.html or /server-info
Date Sun, 27 Sep 1998 12:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/3085; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Vyacheslav L. Zavadsky" <zavadsky@im.bas-net.by>
To: apbugs@hyperreal.org, apache-bugdb@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/3085: Access FORBIDDEN where requesting a directory without index.html
or /server-info
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 15:36:35 +0300

 I found the bug. The procedure get_path_info is not thread safe, it uses
 errno code. Php while compiling with mysql client, wrongly add -lpthread
 to is's module info (this library is not nessessary for mysql client).
 When I remove the library  from the list, all works OK. So, I think that
 apache group has the followig to problems to fix:
 1. Avoid direct using of errno in get_path_info, and generally speaking,
 everywhere. (I bet that the current approuch produce several bugs at
 heavy loaded WIN32 servers). In any cases, instead of stat (and other
 function) must  be used a special  API functions, that returns errno and
 get it inside a lock block.
 2. If a special handler (like server-info) is assigned to the location,
 directory walk and file walk should not be called.