www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/3050: htpasswd availability (fwd)
Date Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/3050; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/3050: htpasswd availability (fwd)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 08:04:57 -0700 (PDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 08:54:59 +0100 (BST)
 From: markb <markb@ensigngeo.com>
 To: marc@apache.org
 Subject: Re: general/3050: htpasswd availability

 Marc,

 > This is _NOT_ an appropriate place to be sending this.

 Perhaps so, but it proved impossible to find easily
 in the documentation.

 > First, as we clearly state we can not support ancient versions
 > like 1.1.3.

 I wasnt asking you to.

 > Second, this is detailed in the docs.

 Where?

 Instead of a curt and unhelpful diatribe, a simple yes or no
 would have A), helped me greatly and b), saved you some time.

 As it is you have now alienated a user of your product.

 Regards,

 Mark Baker   Computer Operations Manager  Ensign Geophysics Ltd
 Ensign House,
 Brighton Road,	E-mail:			markb@ensigngeo.com
 Addlestone,	WWW:			http://www.ensigngeo.com
 Weybridge	Home:			mobile; 0831-528535
 Surrey
 England KT15 1PE	Office: voice; 01932-857433 fax; 01932-852377