www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From G.Roderick Singleton <ge...@pathinc.net>
Subject general/3063: Virutal host setup impossible with existing docs
Date Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:35:58 GMT

>Number:         3063
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Virutal host setup impossible with existing docs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have 1.2.5 working with a number of virtual IP hosts.  I have tried to migrate these to
vanilla 1.3.5.
i.e. no --compat.  My problem is that any attempt to invoke virtual starts using a commandline
such as
/usr/local/apache/apache_1.3.2/sbin/httpd -f /usr/local/apache/apache_1.3.2/virtuals/www.pathtech.org/httpd.conf
does not result is a working virtual.  Through researching I gather that the "Listen" command
now appears to be required but the problem is whether it must be in the main httpd.conf or
msut be
in the virtual httpd.conf. In other words, migration/upgrading is extermely difficult.

Please provide guidance and I shall draft an addendum for the migration doc to cover this
experience.

>How-To-Repeat:
By prior arrangement, I can give access to my site.
>Fix:
Improve the migration doc. As I said above I am willing to draft an addendum once things
start working.