www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jennifer Nyland <snyl...@workfire.com>
Subject os-windows/3056: The proxy crashes when a send failure occurs
Date Wed, 23 Sep 1998 20:43:02 GMT

>Number:         3056
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       The proxy crashes when a send failure occurs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The error occurs close to the end of the function ap_proxy_send_fb.  When a send failure occurs,
and the proxy decides to abort the send, it calls ap_pclosef(c->req->pool, c->fp->fd)
but at this point, c->fp is null, so we get an access violation. This happens whether or
not you have caching turned on.
>How-To-Repeat:
LoadModule the proxy and then browse through the proxy, making sure to press stop a lot and
to click on links very quickly, without giving the current page time to load in completely.
 I found that doing this with Netscape 4.04 at www.cnn.com or www.w3.org produced the error
within the first 3 or 4 minutes of browsing. This behaviour is very consistent.