www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Miles O'Neal <...@rru.com>
Subject general/3046: Apache letting child processes run too long
Date Wed, 23 Sep 1998 06:07:56 GMT

>Number:         3046
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache letting child processes run too long
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I was monitoring my web server, and noticed that Apache
seemed to be killing child processes off after about 1355
accesses.

I had MaxRequestsPerChild set to 1000 .

Now I've upped MaxRequestsPerChild to 10000 and it seems to
be turning over around 11785 .
>How-To-Repeat:
Just set MaxRequestsPerChild, and monitor the server,
maybe by /status?refresh=30 .
>Fix:
Nope.