www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/3045: Canonical hostname suddenly unresolvable. Numeric IP address still available. Kick me if it's just the Repeater box. :-)
Date Wed, 23 Sep 1998 05:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/3045; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Eric Lesniewski <eric@cs.princeton.edu>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: general/3045: Canonical hostname suddenly unresolvable.
 Numeric IP address still available. Kick me if it's just the Repeater box.
 :-)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 22:24:12 -0700 (PDT)

 On 23 Sep 1998, Eric Lesniewski wrote:

 > no core dump available
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > http://paradox.cs.princeton.edu
 > >Fix:
 > Rebooting won't work.

 Erm... please tell me exactly what your problem is.  You don't actually
 say what you are doing, what you see, and what you think you should see.

 If your computer can't resolve a hostname, it has nothign to do with
 Apache.