www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/3003: using Ms Explorer Browser Virtual hosts doesnt work but netscape works fine (fwd)
Date Tue, 22 Sep 1998 01:40:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/3003; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/3003: using Ms Explorer Browser  Virtual hosts doesnt
 work but netscape works fine (fwd)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 18:33:46 -0700 (PDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 20:13:04 +0000
 From: pat beaven <patman@gate.safehaven.net>
 To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
 Subject: Re: general/3003: using Ms Explorer Browser  Virtual hosts doesnt

 Marc Slemko wrote:

 > On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, pat beaven wrote:
 >

 > >   Thank you for such a quick reply , I have check and worked on this problem for
two
 > > weeks now
 > > the html has been the same for 6months and the pages were just copied over from
my older
 > > version
 > > of apache ver 1.2.4 so i know its not a html bug problem and i also hav 8 different
 > > machines with
 > > browsers on them and found that on the few i run 95 and NT on within my local network
do
 > > fine since
 > > there in my own subnet. I have 5 different sites all written by 5 different companies
 > > with there own html, So i know its not an html problem ....because non of them
work with
 > > correctly
 > > If just one of them were flakey i would have to agree but thats not the case ...
 > > try www.htlaser.com and www.treehouseenterprises.com and www.dealerstrim.com these
sites
 > > all worked fine with 1.2.4 ...I tried to upgrade earlier with 1.3.0 and had the
same
 > > problem..
 > > But im determined to try and get this all running with the latest release...
 > > Can you help...
 > >    Thanks In Advance..
 >
 > Exactly what version of MSIE are you using?  Are you sure you aren't using
 > a proxy?  They all work fine for me, except the original one that doesn't
 > work because of the broken HTML.

   Well Marc, ThankYou Very Much.......For Being persistent
 I check my uplinks dns entries and found a few problems and got the server responding just
 fine
 with the exeception of two virtual domains and you stated that there was probably a html
 problem.
 I told you I havent changed any of the html for a long time....But I took your Advice and
 double checked the html and couldnt find anything wrong but as soon as i saved the html again
 with
 netscape's composer everything worked great...
 So I say to you Thankyou for being Persistent. in your judgement..I think what was wrong
was
 that
 MSIE was looking at the html date and it didnt change so it was still giveing the wrong html
 document and from a time when i didnt have the server setup correctly yet.

 Thanks Again,
                          Patman