www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ross Golder <ro...@cpd.co.uk>
Subject mod_jserv/3035: Sessions not working with Internet Explorer 4
Date Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:25:48 GMT

>Number:         3035
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Sessions not working with Internet Explorer 4
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When using MSIE4, and using the Session interface, the browser has a habit of sending lines
like the following in the HTTP request header :-

Cookie: MC=ID=12345; JServSessionId=<session_num>

JServUtil.parseCookieHeader(String) incorrectly parses these into name/value pairs such as
MC=ID; 12345=JServSessionId; <session_num>=null.
>How-To-Repeat:
Run the commonly-found SessionServlet with Internet Explorer 4.
>Fix:
I have applied a patch to JServUtil in CVS, which I have found solves the problem satisfactorily.