www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Aaron Mauck <aa...@ssc.com>
Subject mod_include/3013: SSI ignored after upgrade to 1.3.1
Date Thu, 17 Sep 1998 00:21:55 GMT

>Number:         3013
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       SSI ignored after upgrade to 1.3.1
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
ssi are not being parsed by the server.
Httpd is configured and compiled with with mod_include as well as mod_perl, mod_ssl, mod_php3,
and mod_auth_dbm.  Evertying works fine except ssi.  No compile time errors.  No errors in
the errorlog.  Srm.conf is configured with:
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

After a .shtml form is loaded, viewing the source will show the ssi, unparsed..

<!--#exec cmd="/usr/apache/cgi-bin/search_redirect.pl"-->

The only clue that I have as to why this is happeneing is if I run strings on the httpd binary.
 It gives me this when I search for mod_include...

encountered error in GET_CHAR macro, mod_include.
<snip>
mod_include.c
application/x-httpd-cgi
Location
</A>
<A HREF="
file
virtual
unable to include file "%s" in parsed file %s
unable to include "%s" in parsed file %s
text/
unable to include potential exec "%s" in parsed file %s
Recursive include of "%s" in parsed file %s
unknown parameter "%s" to tag include in %s
PATH_INFO
PATH_TRANSLATED
QUERY_STRING
/bin/sh
httpd: exec of %s failed, reason: %s (errno = %d)
couldn't spawn include command
execution failure for parameter "%s" to tag exec in file %s
invalid CGI ref "%s" in %s
unknown parameter "%s" to tag exec in %s
(none)
unknown parameter "%s" to tag echo in %s
httpd: #perl SSI disallowed by IncludesNoExec in %s
errmsg
timefmt
sizefmt
bytes
abbrev
unknown parameter "%s" to tag config in %s
unable to get information about "%s" in parsed file %s
unknown parameter "%s" to tag %s in %s
fsize
flastmod
unable to compile pattern "%s"
Unmatched '
Invalid expression "%s" in file %s
Unmatched ')' in "%s" in file %s
Invalid rexp "%s" in file %s
Unmatched '(' in "%s" in file %s
bad token type
missing expr in if statement: %sunknown parameter "%s" to tag if in %s
missing expr in elif statement: %s
else directive does not take tags in %s
endif directive does not take tags in %s
value
variable must precede value in set directive in %s
Invalid tag for set directive in %s
printenv directive does not take tags in %s
%A, %d-%b-%Y %H:%M:%S %Z
<!--#
mod_include: error reading directive in %s
else
elif
endif
exec
httpd: exec used but not allowed in %s
config
include
echo
printenv
perl
httpd: unknown directive "%s" in parsed doc %s
httpd: premature EOF in parsed file %s
full
XBitHack must be set to Off, On, or Full
File does not exist: %s
file permissions deny server access: %s
send SSI
text/html
Off, On, or Full
XBitHack
server-parsed
text/x-server-parsed-html3
text/x-server-parsed-html
</TITLE>
 </HEAD>
 <BODY>
<HTML>
 <HEAD>
  <TITLE>Index of
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
**DIRECTORY**
^^DIRECTORY^^
expr

I apologize if this is either too verbose or severly lacking in pertinent information.
>How-To-Repeat:
This webserver is for internal use only, until I work all of the bugs out, so it cannot be
accessed from the outside.  If you need more information, please e-mail me.