www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/3003: using Ms Explorer Browser Virtual hosts doesnt work but netscape works fine (fwd)
Date Tue, 15 Sep 1998 22:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/3003; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/3003: using Ms Explorer Browser  Virtual hosts doesnt
 work but netscape works fine (fwd)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 15:04:40 -0700 (PDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:05:15 +0000
 From: pat beaven <patman@gate.safehaven.net>
 To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
 Subject: Re: general/3003: using Ms Explorer Browser  Virtual hosts doesnt

 Marc Slemko wrote:

 > On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, pat beaven wrote:
 >

 > >   Thank you for such a quick reply , I have check and worked on this problem for
two
 > > weeks now
 > > the html has been the same for 6months and the pages were just copied over from
my older
 > > version
 > > of apache ver 1.2.4 so i know its not a html bug problem and i also hav 8 different
 > > machines with
 > > browsers on them and found that on the few i run 95 and NT on within my local network
do
 > > fine since
 > > there in my own subnet. I have 5 different sites all written by 5 different companies
 > > with there own html, So i know its not an html problem ....because non of them
work with
 > > correctly
 > > If just one of them were flakey i would have to agree but thats not the case ...
 > > try www.htlaser.com and www.treehouseenterprises.com and www.dealerstrim.com these
sites
 > > all worked fine with 1.2.4 ...I tried to upgrade earlier with 1.3.0 and had the
same
 > > problem..
 > > But im determined to try and get this all running with the latest release...
 > > Can you help...
 > >    Thanks In Advance..
 >
 > Exactly what version of MSIE are you using?  Are you sure you aren't using
 > a proxy?  They all work fine for me, except the original one that doesn't
 > work because of the broken HTML.

   version 3.02 and 3.0 have been tried and dont work for any site..
 Yep Im sure Im not using a proxy server...

 The error you get about error no /maincust.html is only when im trying to access a virtual
 domain
 and not the primary domain.. The maincust.html is part of the default domain for
 www.safehaven.net
 It seems to work fine.. just the virtual domains dont..