www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Conactive Support <supp...@conactive.com>
Subject Re: mod_auth-any/2988: require valid-user or more than one user gets not authenticated
Date Mon, 14 Sep 1998 01:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_auth-any/2988; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Conactive Support <support@conactive.com>
To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>, Conactive Support <support@conactive.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: mod_auth-any/2988: require valid-user or more than one user gets not authenticated
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 01:54:33 +0200

 Ihre Anfrage vom Thu, 10 Sep 1998 16:41:40 -0700 (PDT):

 > > require valid-user in an .htaccess lets no one in
 >
 > Are you sure you didn't misspell anything in the configfile?

 I'm sure. However, today I upgraded our BSDI Apache and checked it out.
 Worked (as expected). Then re-checked the win32 setup and found that it is
 mysteriously now working there as well. I did not change the setup except
 that I first replaced the old password file with the one from the Unix server
 and after this tried with the original. Both worked. This must have been an
 issue of too many apache and browser stops and restarts and changes of the
 .htaccess file. Maybe I was to unpatient, although I worked at least one or
 two hours on the problem before I gave up.

 > > require user1 user2 lets user1 in (only)
 > > require user2 user1 lets user2 in (only)
 >
 > Why do you expect "require user1 user2" to work?  As the docs clearly
 > state, if you want to require specific users you need to do "require user
 > user1 user2".

 This was a typo resulting from copy and paste of the above valid-user line.
 It would have been a bug then, anyway ;-)

 So, everything is fine. Sorry for the false alarm.

 Kai Schätzl

 --

 Conactive Support
 Get your web at Con@ctive Internet Services: http://www.conactive.com