www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From field...@apache.org
Subject Re: protocol/2385: microsoft proxy server and apache 1.3 don't seem to get along
Date Sun, 13 Sep 1998 23:47:06 GMT

Synopsis: microsoft proxy server and apache 1.3 don't seem to get along

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: fielding
State-Changed-When: Sun Sep 13 16:47:05 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:

The proxy is also asking for Connection: keep-alive, which
is why we are responding in kind.  This is not a problem with
Apache at all.  The Microsoft proxy is just broken.

The only suggestion we can give is the workaround that Dean
mentioned, even if that only works on a per-proxy basis.
I think that is better than assuming all HTTP/1.1 proxies
are as broken as the Microsoft one.