www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: config/2998: TestCompile TestCompile sanity check fails
Date Sat, 12 Sep 1998 20:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/2998; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Ed Mobley <emobley@ix.netcom.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: config/2998: TestCompile TestCompile sanity check fails
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 13:27:43 -0700 (PDT)

 On 12 Sep 1998, Ed Mobley wrote:

 > >Release:        1.3.1
 > >Environment:
 > RedHat Linux 5.1 (Kernel  2.0.34-0
 > GCC 2.7.2.3 (Came with RedHat 5.1)
 > Make 3.76.1 (Came with RedHat 5.1)
 > The TestCompile sanity check fails with the message:
 > ld: cannot open crt1.o: No such file or directory
 > make: *** [dummy] Error 1

 Are you adding any extra modules or linking against any extra libraries?

 Can you compile _anything_ on the box?

 This really looks like a seriously broken compiler...

 Try just running "gcc helpers/dummy.c".  If that doesn't work, then your
 compiler is broken and there is nothing we can do about that...