www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_include/2974: SSI does not work within virtual host web tree (fwd)
Date Thu, 10 Sep 1998 16:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_include/2974; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_include/2974: SSI does not work within virtual host web
 tree (fwd)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:40:53 -0700 (PDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:12:47 +0200
 From: Ivo Batistic <ivo@ifs.hr>
 To: marc@apache.org
 Subject: Re: mod_include/2974: SSI does not work within virtual host web tree

 > Synopsis: SSI does not work within virtual host web tree
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
 > State-Changed-By: marc
 > State-Changed-When: Wed Sep  9 08:51:05 PDT 1998
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > Please read the docs for the "Directory" directive.
 > "<Directory>" without listing any directory isn't valid.
 > You need to have your Options directive that enables includes
 > inside a Directory secion that applies to the part of the
 > filesystem that covers th evhost.

 But I do have it.

 Last part of httpd.conf:
 =============================

 <VirtualHost
 eskola.hfd.hr:80>

 DocumentRoot
 /var/www
 ServerName
 eskola.hfd.hr
 ServerAdmin
 www.master@eskola.hfd.hr
 ErrorLog
 /usr/local/apache/var/log/error_log
 TransferLog
 /usr/local/apache/var/log/access_log

 AccessConfig
 etc/access.conf
 ResourceConfig
 etc/srm.conf

 </VirtualHost>

 ## <VirtualHost
 eskola1.hfd.hr:80>

 DocumentRoot
 /var/www1
 ServerName
 eskola1.hfd.hr
 ServerAdmin
 www.master@eskola.hfd.hr
 ErrorLog
 /usr/local/apache/var/log/error_log
 TransferLog
 /usr/local/apache/var/log/access_log

 AccessConfig
 etc/access1.conf
 ResourceConfig
 etc/srm1.conf

 ## </VirtualHost>

 Part of access1.conf:
 ==========================

 <Directory
 />
 None
 AllowOverride
 All
 Order
 Deny,Allow
 Deny From
 All
 </Directory>

 <Directory
 /var/www1>
 Options Includes Indexes
 FollowSymLinks
 AllowOverride Limit
 AuthConfig
 order
 allow,deny
 allow from
 all
 XBitHack
 on
 </Directory>

 If I remove comments from VirualHost in httpd.conf
 includes DO NOT work. They are treated as ordinary HTML comments.

  (mailto:ivo@ifs.hr, http://www.ifs.hr/~ivo/)