www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Brian V Bonini" <vinc...@qwick.net>
Subject Re: general/2980: files in htdocs don't resolve correctly
Date Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/2980; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Brian V Bonini" <vincent@qwick.net>
To: <marc@apache.org>
Cc: <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: general/2980: files in htdocs don't resolve correctly
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:12:24 -0400

 Sorry, I'm using name-based virtual hosts
 If I call the primary domain for the server it resolves
 correctly to index.html located in htdocs however
 from index.html all links point to htdocs or
 htdocs/images but the server tries to resolve these links to
 htdocs/spi
 /spi obviously being a sub directory and also a virtual host.
 I hope this is the info you need and apologize for not  being
 more literate in this area. This is not my area of expetise.
 I'm inquiring because after encountering the problem and
 doing a little research on your web site in an attempt to
 better educate my self on this I am not sure that the company I
 purchase the virtual server from has implmented the correct
 resolve by adding the primary domain as a virtual host.
 I've inlcuded a copy of my hhtpd.conf file.
 Thank You for your time.
 -Brian --vincent@qwick.net --

 Here is a copy of httpd.conf:
 --Begin--

 ### httpd.conf Revision 1.2 for Apache 1.1.3 07/16/97 Jim Radford
 ###
 ### NOTE: This is the main configuration file for your Virtual Webserver
 ###       Do not just start adding stuff without understanding what your
 ###   doing or your server will stop working properly. You may view
 ###   Documentation Online at http://www.apache.org/
 ###
 ###   Directives are "CaPs" Sensitive. Please be sure to look at the
 ###   examples to prevent accidentally misconfiguring your server.

 ### BEGIN SERVERCONFIG ###

 ## Do not change the ServerType or your server will cease to work
 ServerType inetd
 ##

 ## Directive: HostnameLookups
 ##  when off the webserver responds quicker, when on log
 ##  analyzers have more information to analyze.
 ## Default:  on
 #HostnameLookups off

 ## Directive: User
 ##  your server will not be able to access any documents.
 User changed for security

 ## Directive: ServerAdmin
 ##  problems. This address shows up in some errors and
 ##  is also available in CGI scripts as SERVER_ADMIN.
 ## Default: webmaster@gfx-design.com
 ServerAdmin webmaster@gfx-design.com

 ## Directive: ServerRoot
 ##  logs reside.
 ## Default: /usr/local/etc/httpd
 ServerRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd

 ## Directive: ErrorLog
 scripts,
 ##  file/directory permissions, etc. If it does not start
 ##  with a "/", ServerRoot is prepended to it.
 ##   This can be within a <VirtualHost> Pair.
 ## Default: logs/error_log
 ErrorLog logs/error_log

 ## Directive: TransferLog
 ##  If it does not start with a "/", ServerRoot is prepended
 ##  to it. This can be within a <VirtualHost> Pair.
 ## Default: logs/access_log
 TransferLog logs/access_log

 ## Directive:   AgentLog
 Webserver takes.
 ##              If it does not start with a "/", ServerRoot is prepended
 ##              to it. This can be within a <VirtualHost> Pair.
 ## Default:     logs/agent_log
 AgentLog logs/agent_log

 ## Directive:   RefererLog
 takes.
 ##              If it does not start with a "/", ServerRoot is prepended
 ##              to it. This can be within a <VirtualHost> Pair.
 ##  NOTE: We know Referer is spelled incorrectly, It is the way
 ##        The Software comes from The Apache Group. :)
 ## Default:     logs/access_log
 RefererLog logs/referer_log

 ## Directive: ServerName
 this
 ##  Into a <VirtualHost> Pair.
 ## Note: You cannot just invent host names and hope they work. The name
 ## you define here must be a valid DNS name for your host. If you don't
 ## understand this, ask technical support!
 ## Default: www.gfx-design.com

 ServerName www.gfx-design.com

 ## Directive: Timeout
 ## Default: 300 (We recommend you don't change this number unless
 ##  support asks you to.
 Timeout 300

 ## Directive: KeepAlive
 than
 ##  one request per connection). Set to "Off" to deactivate.
 ## Default: On
 KeepAlive On

 # KeepAliveTimeout: Number of seconds to wait for the next request

 ## Directive: KeepAliveTimeout
 ## Default: 15
 KeepAliveTimeout 15

 ## Directive: <VirtualHost> </VirtualHost>
 ##  Server. Any SRM or ACCESS Options can safely be placed
 ##  between <VirtualHost> Directives.
 ## Default: none -- please use following Example

 #<VirtualHost www.second-domain.com>
 #ServerName www.second-domain.com
 #ServerAdmin webmaster@second-domain.com
 #DocumentRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/second-domain
 #TransferLog logs/access_second-domain_log
 #ErrorLog logs/error_second-domain_log
 #</VirtualHost>

 # VirtualHost gfx-design.com Added by vaddvhost
 <VirtualHost gfx-design.com>
 ServerName gfx-design.com
 ServerAdmin webmaster@gfx-design.com
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs
 </VirtualHost>

 # VirtualHost www.gfx-design.com Added by vaddvhost
 <VirtualHost www.gfx-design.com>
 ServerName www.gfx-design.com
 ServerAdmin webmaster@gfx-design.com
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs
 </VirtualHost>

 # VirtualHost specialtyproducts.net Added by vaddvhost
 <VirtualHost specialtyproducts.net>
 ServerName specialtyproducts.net
 ServerAdmin webmaster@specialtyproducts.net
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/spi
 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/spi/cgi-bin/
 </VirtualHost>

 # VirtualHost www.specialtyproducts.net Added by vaddvhost
 <VirtualHost www.specialtyproducts.net>
 ServerName www.specialtyproducts.net
 ServerAdmin webmaster@specialtyproducts.net
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/spi
 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/spi/cgi-bin/
 </VirtualHost>

 # VirtualHost siroccovideo.com Added by vaddvhost
 <VirtualHost siroccovideo.com>
 ServerName siroccovideo.com
 ServerAdmin webmaster@siroccovideo.com
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/sirocco
 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/sirocco/cgi-bin/
 </VirtualHost>

 # VirtualHost www.siroccovideo.com Added by vaddvhost
 <VirtualHost www.siroccovideo.com>
 ServerName www.siroccovideo.com
 ServerAdmin webmaster@siroccovideo.com
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/sirocco
 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/sirocco/cgi-bin/
 </VirtualHost>

 # VirtualHost studiostreet.com Added by vaddvhost
 <VirtualHost studiostreet.com>
 ServerName studiostreet.com
 ServerAdmin webmaster@studiostreet.com
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/ssae
 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/ssae/cgi-bin/
 </VirtualHost>

 # VirtualHost www.studiostreet.com Added by vaddvhost
 <VirtualHost www.studiostreet.com>
 ServerName www.studiostreet.com
 ServerAdmin webmaster@studiostreet.com
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/ssae
 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/ssae/cgi-bin/
 </VirtualHost>

 --End--