www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@go2net.com>
Subject Re: os-freebsd/2981: Name Based Virtual Hosts dont work on on FreeBSD (shows main page)
Date Thu, 10 Sep 1998 05:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-freebsd/2981; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@go2net.com>
To: Jerry Burr <dustball@usa.net>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: os-freebsd/2981: Name Based Virtual Hosts dont work on on
 FreeBSD (shows main page)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 22:28:21 -0700 (PDT)

 On 10 Sep 1998, Jerry Burr wrote:

 > My server, 24.3.6.108, in addition to the main server page, should have 2 virtual hosts.
 >
 > When accessing adrok.dustball.com OR www.cbwest.com (the two vhosts) it always shows
the main server page.

 > Try http://www.cbwest.com or http://adrok.dustball.com -- they show the same as http://24.3.6.108

 You are aware that, as documented, having a NameVirtualHost will not allow
 anyone to access the "main" server on that IP, correct?

 > Thanks,
 > Jerry
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > NameVirtualHost 24.3.6.108

 Are you sure you are modifying the right copy of the config files?  If you
 try adding some garbage that should make Apache fail and restarting
 Apache, does it complain?  If not, you are probably modifying the wrong
 config file.

 What output does "httpd -S" give?  Is there anything related in the error
 log?