www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Martin Husemann <mar...@rumolt.teuto.de>
Subject config/2958: UserDir disabled doesn't work
Date Sat, 05 Sep 1998 21:12:58 GMT

>Number:         2958
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       UserDir disabled doesn't work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.3.1
>Environment:
NetBSD rumolt.teuto.de 1.3G NetBSD 1.3G (RUMOLT) #0: Fri Aug 21 10:55:15 CEST 1998

Compiler: egcs-2.90.27 980315 (egcs-1.0.2 release)
My server configuration includes (in srm.conf) the following lines:

---8<---
# UserDir: The name of the directory which is appended onto a user's home
# directory if a ~user request is recieved.

UserDir disabled root
UserDir public_html
--->8---

as suggested by the install documents. Now to try this I made a directory ~root/public_html
and an index.html file there.

The effect is: request to (servername)/~root fail, but (servername)/~root/ works und gives
the right index.html file.

You can call this pilot error, that's why I set the severity to non-critical.
>How-To-Repeat:
See above.
>Fix:
Either fix it (i.e. let the server return "access denied" for that URI) or document it. Sorry,
no patches available.