www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Guy Smith <g...@home.net>
Subject os-windows/2952: Apache won't start as service when VirtualHost is used
Date Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:10:11 GMT

>Number:         2952
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Apache won't start as service when VirtualHost is used
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When installed as a service, Apache starts OK with a defelt httpd.conf.  I added a section
for a virtual host , using just the DocumentRoot and cluase (also tried with and without the
ServerName clause, and with/without the NameVirtualHost clause.  Any combination caused Apache
to not start (using either "net start apache" or from ControlPanel/Service).

When run as an application, everything work OK.

Nothing in error.log indicating a problem.  I don't see anything that looks like a core file
(or whatever the NT equiv is).
>How-To-Repeat:
My section of http.conf for redirecting to a web follows:

NameVirtualHost 24.1.86.37

<VirtualHost www.natpulse.com>
#ServerAdmin guys@home.net
#ServerName www.natpulse.com
DocumentRoot "c:/FrontPage Webs/Content/natpulse"
#ErrorLog logs/natpulse-error.log
#TransferLog logs/natpulse-access.log
</VirtualHost>
>Fix: