www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: config/2939: POST not allowed to .pl scripts in cgi-bin (fwd)
Date Tue, 01 Sep 1998 20:00:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/2939; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: config/2939: POST not allowed to .pl scripts in cgi-bin  (fwd)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 12:55:27 -0700 (PDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 15:01:29 -0400
 From: Jeff Bowers <jbowers@bsat.com>
 To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
 Subject: Re: config/2939: POST not allowed to .pl scripts in cgi-bin

 Marc;
    Good morning!  We've been in the other building performing some miracles.  I have gotten
the scripts to work using the manual kind of sideways.  Apparently
 setting the ScriptAlias in the srm.conf used to allow all virtual servers to use it.  The
FAQ page says that ScriptAlias can appear in the server-conf, but
 "NOT" in the virtual host.
    First:  we updated to 1.31, recompiled and started with a base setting for the virtual
pages.
    Then we ignored the srm.conf and set the ScriptAlias in the httpd.conf <virtualhost>
section.
  The code then ran as expected.
      I reckon what tripped us up was that switching to a virtual-server environment needed
several extra changes that were not documented clearly.  The manual
 is very good, but people switching from 1.2x to 1.3x might could use a "oh, by the way" section.
     I thank you for your quick answers, And I am sorry to have bothered you.

 Oh, I'm usually not this dumb, and I now owe someone a troubleshooting favor.

 Thanks....   Jeff
 Jeff Bowers *                   jbowers@bsat.com

    - Hookt awn fonics werkt four me !

 * Jeff Bowers' brain is covered by the "copyleft" agreement.  You are allowed to
 distribute any output freely; but if you change anything, you have to inform him.