www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Michael Davon <Da...@web-depot.com>
Subject Re: mod_auth-any/2938: The server just lets everyone in, and seems not to check the passwd.db files at all
Date Tue, 01 Sep 1998 20:00:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_auth-any/2938; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Michael Davon <Davon@web-depot.com>
To: marcs@znep.com
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_auth-any/2938: The server just lets everyone in, and seems
 not to check the passwd.db files at all
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 15:38:55 -0400 (EDT)

 Marc,

 Thank you!

 That was the problem.  Sorry for not including the rest of the
 configuration information.  I really thought that it was a build
 problem, and not a configuration problem.  I did read the notes
 on 1.3, but I guess I just didn't understand the implication.  I
 have never fully understood how the <Directory> and <Location>
 stuff matches, despite several readings of the documentation.  I
 must say, however, that the doc has gotten much clearer lately.

 I have removed the <LIMIT> statements as you suggested.

 Can you tell me, is there anyway for me to setup restrictions
 that are overridden subsequently as in the example below?

 Thank you very much for your help.

  <VirtualHost hot.hotsex.com:5000>

  ErrorDocument 404 /errors/notfound-www.html

  <Directory />
  AuthDBMUserFile /www/data/passwd/passwd
  AuthGroupFile /www/data/group/group
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "HotSex Members"
  require group admin
  </Directory>

  <Location /errors>
  LET EVERYONE IN
  </Location>

  </VirtualHost>

 --
 Michael Davon                       617-491-0080 Office
                                     888-WB-DEPOT Office