www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jeff Bowers <jbow...@bsat.com>
Subject config/2939: POST not allowed to .pl scripts in cgi-bin from forms that all operated under apache 1.26
Date Tue, 01 Sep 1998 17:34:12 GMT

>Number:         2939
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       POST not allowed to .pl scripts in cgi-bin from forms that all operated
under apache 1.26
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
In learning Perl, I placed a apache 1.26 server on or internet site.  My beginning Perl scripts
had the basic "fill this out" and post it to a .txt file.
I then updated to 1.30, and had some reconfiguring to do because of the "virtual only"
config.  for some time I never used this function (the pages display fine).  When I wanted
update a perl script I tested an input and received the error "The requested method POST
is not allowed for the URL /cgi-bin/form1.pl"
>How-To-Repeat:
http://panther.bsat.com (placed on our net as a test)
the "Survey form"
also the search engine displays the perl script but does not run it.

>Fix:
have checked/modified paths, used alias setups, verified rights, worked with virtual hosts
updates.
Probably a .conf error or change in 1.3 I can't fathom