www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Michael Davon <Da...@web-depot.com>
Subject Re: mod_auth-any/2938: The server just lets everyone in, and seems not to check the passwd.db files at all
Date Tue, 01 Sep 1998 17:30:44 GMT

Marc,

Please reopen the bug.  I have included more of the configuration
so that you can see that I am doing that which you suggest.
Also, as I stated in the original report, it does work with
Server version Apache/1.2.4 -- so I don't think it's me.

  First, your authentication should normally be in side some
  sort of Directory, etc. section.

  Secondly, you aren't actually telling Apache to require
  any auth; you need something like "require valid-user" or
  "require user foo", etc.

Sample piece of httpd.conf file.  I'll provide it all if you
want.

-M

<Directory */members>
options includes followsymlinks execcgi
AuthDBMUserFile /www/data/passwd/passwd
AuthGroupFile /www/data/group/group
AuthType Basic
AuthName HotSexPics
<Limit GET POST>
require valid-user
</Limit>
</Directory>

--
Michael Davon                       617-491-0080 Office
                                    888-WB-DEPOT Office