www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: os-solaris/2796: ap_config.h misses STDIN_FILENO STDOUT_FILENO and STDERR_FILENO
Date Mon, 31 Aug 1998 00:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/2796; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: David Carlin <djc6@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: os-solaris/2796: ap_config.h misses STDIN_FILENO STDOUT_FILENO
 and STDERR_FILENO
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 17:10:59 -0700 (PDT)

 On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, David Carlin wrote:

 > Hello,
 >
 > 	I've encountered the same problem under Solaris 2.5.1 with
 > GCC 2.8.1.  Here's what happens:
 >
 > I use the following line to run configure:
 >
 > env 'LIBS=-lkrb' \
 > 'CFLAGS=-DKRB4 -DKRB_DEF_REALM=\\\"INS.CWRU.EDU\\\"' \
 > ./configure --compat --prefix=/www/secure \
 > --add-module=src/modules/kerberos/mod_auth_kerb.c

 The problem is that, for whatever reason, you aren't including all the
 libraries that -lkrb needs.  It may need -lsocket -lnsl or something else.

 The routine to check to see if a header file exists uses the extra libs
 you give, so if something is wrong with them then it won't think any of
 the header files exist.  This can be confusing because in some cases the
 final thing may still link if Apache automatically includes other
 libraries (eg. -lsocket) that aren't included at that time.

 > it gets past alloc.c, but stops where mod_auth_kerb.c needs libkrb.a.

 Are you saying it can't find libkrb.a?  Then that is your problem; your
 system isn't setup so that libkrb.a can be found so the compile is
 failing.