www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From d...@alpha.cwru.edu (David Carlin)
Subject Re: os-solaris/2796: ap_config.h misses STDIN_FILENO STDOUT_FILENO and STDERR_FILENO
Date Sun, 30 Aug 1998 23:50:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/2796; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: djc6@alpha.cwru.edu (David Carlin)
To: marc@hyperreal.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: os-solaris/2796: ap_config.h misses STDIN_FILENO STDOUT_FILENO and STDERR_FILENO
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 19:44:59 -0400 (EDT)

 Hello,
 
 	I've encountered the same problem under Solaris 2.5.1 with
 GCC 2.8.1.  Here's what happens:
 
 I use the following line to run configure:
 
 env 'LIBS=-lkrb' \
 'CFLAGS=-DKRB4 -DKRB_DEF_REALM=\\\"INS.CWRU.EDU\\\"' \
 ./configure --compat --prefix=/www/secure \
 --add-module=src/modules/kerberos/mod_auth_kerb.c
 
 and apache stops compiling at src/main/alloc.c with the following error:
 
 gcc -c  -I../os/unix -I../include   -DSOLARIS2=251 -DKRB4 -DKRB_DEF_REALM=\"INS.CWRU.EDU\"
`../apaci` alloc.c
 alloc.c: In function `spawn_child_core':
 alloc.c:1949: `STDOUT_FILENO' undeclared (first use in this function)
 alloc.c:1949: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
 alloc.c:1949: for each function it appears in.)
 alloc.c:1955: `STDIN_FILENO' undeclared (first use in this function)
 alloc.c:1961: `STDERR_FILENO' undeclared (first use in this function)
 *** Error code 1
 make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `alloc.o'
 Current working directory /www/build/apache_1.3.1/src/main
 
 If I run configure with the following line:
 
 env 'CFLAGS=-DKRB4 -DKRB_DEF_REALM=\\\"INS.CWRU.EDU\\\"' \
 ./configure --compat --prefix=/www/secure \
 --add-module=src/modules/kerberos/mod_auth_kerb.c
 
 it gets past alloc.c, but stops where mod_auth_kerb.c needs libkrb.a.
 
 Why would changing LIBS affect the inclusion of those variables from
 unistd.h?  My apologies if I am missing something obvious..
 
 Anothing thing I noticed is if I try to include mod_rewrite with the option
 "--enable-module=rewrite" and I have a LIBS var defined, I get the following
 when I run ./configure:
 
     o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
       disabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
       (perhaps you need to add -ldbm, -lndbm or -lgdbm to EXTRA_LIBS)
 
 When I remove 'LIBS=-lkrb' it gets included and I get the following output
 from ./configure:
 
     o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
       enabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
 
 I tried changing 'LIBS=-lkrb' to 'LIBS=-L/usr/ucblib:/usr/lib -lkrb -ldbm'
 but it didn't help at all.
 
 		-David

Mime
View raw message