www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From c...@apache.org
Subject Re: general/2906: Propose that Apache recommend $UNIQUE_ID for all "session id" algorithms
Date Sat, 29 Aug 1998 13:21:02 GMT

Synopsis: Propose that Apache recommend $UNIQUE_ID for all "session id" algorithms

State-Changed-From-To: open-suspended
State-Changed-By: coar
State-Changed-When: Sat Aug 29 06:21:01 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
I'm marking this for future consideration, but I need to
point out a couple of things:

o mod_unique_id is an optional module, and may not always
  be available in the running server
o The UNIQUE_ID value is opaque -- meaning that it is not
  intended to be 'decodable'
o Inter-module callbacks are currently not supported for
  various good reasons

However, the idea is worthy of attention for a future
version.  Thanks for submitting it, and for using Apache.
Release-Changed-From-To: future-1.3.1
Release-Changed-By: coar
Release-Changed-When: Sat Aug 29 06:21:01 PDT 1998