www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brian Carr <brian_c...@usa.net>
Subject os-os2/2920: SSI exec option ( cgi ) does not work under OS/2
Date Fri, 28 Aug 1998 15:52:07 GMT

>Number:         2920
>Category:       os-os2
>Synopsis:       SSI exec option ( cgi ) does not work under OS/2
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
the http_request.c routine get_path_info is not drive
aware and will not find a file if the cgi-bin directory
is on a different drive than the document root.
This will cause failures of SSI exec cgi
>How-To-Repeat:
Put apache and cgi-bin on a different drive than the
document root and attempt to run an SSI exec cgi
>Fix:
Could document the OS/2 and windows (I presume) failings
and recommend that if SSI exec is going to be used, keep
them all on the same drive.  Alternatively the administrator
could keep copies of the cgi-bin on both drives, but that
is a kludge (what if you update one drive but not the other).

One could add drive awareness in get_path_info as well.