www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_auth-any/2912: DBM user authentication doesn't work.
Date Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_auth-any/2912; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Simone Cincotto Souto <www_mgr@cascudo.ipmet.unesp.br>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: mod_auth-any/2912: DBM user authentication doesn't work.
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:20:46 -0700 (PDT)

 On 27 Aug 1998, Simone Cincotto Souto wrote:

 > >Number:         2912
 > >Category:       mod_auth-any
 > >Synopsis:       DBM user authentication doesn't work.
 > >Confidential:   no
 > >Severity:       critical
 > >Release:        1.2.5

 First, as we clearly say we strongly recommend you upgrade to the current
 release of Apache.  We can't support all sorts of odd problems with old
 releases; we simply don't have the resources.

 > >Environment:
 > Operating system AIX 4.1.4 (IBM Risc 6000) and Linux 2.0.34 (IBM-PC),
 > language for script PERL 5.004.04, compiler language C cc
 > My web pages are located in two different machines (two serves), an IBM
 > Risc 6000 (AIX) and an IBM-PC compatible (Linux), both using Apache 1.2.5
 > and Perl 5.004.04.
 > The part of the site that is in the AIX system is free, and the part stored
 > in the IBM-PC is restricted, and I'm using the DBM user authentication to
 > restrict the access. I want to create my DBM file for authentication in
 > the IBM RISC 6000 machine and transfer it to the IBM-PC computer (because
 > my system of Control to add new users is in IBM RISC 6000), but this way
 > the authentication doesn't work.

 What do you mean "doesn't work"?

 What dbm libraries are you using on the RS6000?

 What ones are you using on the Linux system?  This is almost certainly due
 to a difference in the libraries being used.