www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_cgi/2894: cgi triggers premature EOF to be sent to client
Date Mon, 24 Aug 1998 07:20:03 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_cgi/2894; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Gerd Knops <gerti@BITart.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: mod_cgi/2894: cgi triggers premature EOF to be sent to client
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 00:13:44 -0700 (PDT)

 On 24 Aug 1998, Gerd Knops wrote:

 > Sorry, this is going to be vague, but maybe it rings a bell somewhere.
 >
 > A cgi script working perfectly fine with 1.2.x suddenly started
 > failing. The script sends a number of fixed size files from a floppy
 > to a java applet.

 Have you tried not sending it from a floppy?

 > The Java applet receives a premature EOF, which in turn causes apache
 > to send a SIGTERM to the CGI.

 Exactly what happens in the applet?  What does it do?  Where is it
 running?

 Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with PR#2066?
 (http://bugs.apache.org/index/full/2066)

 I would suggest you try to reproduce the problem with something other
 than Java on the other end; otherwise, it may well just be the
 client that is messed up.  There are various changes that could
 have caused the change in behaviour.