www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jason Doobie <doo...@wwa.com>
Subject mod_alias/2888: RedirectMatch does not correctly deal with URLs which need to be escaped. (simular to PR#1155)
Date Fri, 21 Aug 1998 14:42:47 GMT

>Number:         2888
>Category:       mod_alias
>Synopsis:       RedirectMatch does not correctly deal with URLs which need to be escaped.
(simular to PR#1155)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
This problem was supposed to have been fixed by PR#1155, however I think the patched code
was placed in a section that allows it to not work if your using CGI scripts.

I have done the following in my httpd.conf file for a certain domain:

RedirectMatch /(.*)$ http://www.domain.com/test.html?structure=$1

It writes it to the log as File does not exist: ..../test.html?structure=whatever.
>How-To-Repeat:
The site is on an Intranet of mine but heres a slice of the httpd.conf file I use

<virtualhost ..>
ServerName olddomain.com
RedirectMatch /(.*)$ http://www.domain.com/test.html?structure=$1
</virtualhost>

And if you go to:

http://www.olddomain.com/this_is_whatever.html

it'll forward it to http://www.domain.com/test.html?structure=this_is_whatever.html

However because when it looks for the file/parses the URL for CGI data it sees the ? %3f.
>Fix:
Change the location of parsing escaped characters to be sooner, or as they are read in from
the client.