www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Leonid Petrov <pet...@kuestner.geod.uni-bonn.de>
Subject config/2886: Extension .gz dissapears for client
Date Fri, 21 Aug 1998 11:29:08 GMT

>Number:         2886
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Extension .gz dissapears for client
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When client of our server downloads file test.gz our
Web-server sends it as test (extension is missed).

When client downloads file test.gz1 test.gz1 our
Web-server sends it as test.gz1 (extension is not changed ).

When client downloads file test.ps.gz test.ps.gz our Web-server sends it as
test.ps.gz (extension is not changed .

  I would like to force our server to send files with
extension .gz as is without change its name but I didn't
find the way to reach it.

Our configuration:

1) Our mime.types file contain line
application/x-gzip

(extension is missed)
2) Our srm.conf file contains lines
# DefaultType is the default MIME type for documents which the server
# cannot find the type of from filename extensions.

#DefaultType text/plain
DefaultType application/octet-stream

# AddEncoding allows you to have certain browsers (Mosaic/X 2.1+) uncompress
# information on the fly. Note: Not all browsers support this.

#AddEncoding x-compress Z
#AddEncoding x-gzip gz

# AddLanguage allows you to specify the language of a document. You can
# then use content negotiation to give a browser a file in a language
# it can understand.  Note that the suffix does not have to be the same
# as the language keyword --- those with documents in Polish (whose
# net-standard language code is pl) may wish to use "AddLanguage pl .po"
# to avoid the ambiguity with the common suffix for perl scripts.

AddLanguage en .en
AddLanguage fr .fr
AddLanguage de .de
AddLanguage da .da
AddLanguage el .el
AddLanguage it .it

# LanguagePriority allows you to give precedence to some languages
# in case of a tie during content negotiation.
# Just list the languages in decreasing order of preference.

LanguagePriority en de fr
http://giub/Mitarbeiter/petrov_docs/discussion/web.html