www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: other/2882: UseCanonicalName off doesn't work when accessing cgi's from SS (fwd)
Date Thu, 20 Aug 1998 20:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR other/2882; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: other/2882: UseCanonicalName off  doesn't work when accessing
 cgi's from SS (fwd)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:43:01 -0700 (PDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 21:57:35 +0100
 From: Tobias Ander <tobias.ander@amiga-cg.se>
 To: apache-bugdb@apache.org,
     marc@apache.org
 Subject: Re: other/2882: UseCanonicalName off  doesn't work when accessing
     cgi's from SS

 Den 20-Aug-98, skrev marc@apache.org:

 >[In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, ]
 >[you need to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ]
 >[and leave the subject line UNCHANGED.  This is not done]
 >[automatically because of the potential for mail loops. ]
 >[If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
 >[nored unless you are responding to an explicit request ]
 >[from a developer.                                      ]
 >[Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!         ]

 >Synopsis: UseCanonicalName off  doesn't work when accessing cgi's from SSI
 >documents?

 >State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
 >State-Changed-By: marc
 >State-Changed-When: Thu Aug 20 12:59:12 PDT 1998
 >State-Changed-Why:
 >I'm afraid that I can _not_ reproduce the problem you are having.
 >Since 1.3b5 is an old beta which we don't support any more,
 >plus we have nothing at all to do with whatever changes
 >whoever makes to make it run on the Amiga, we can't support
 >their changes.

 >My guess would be that perhaps they didn't properly
 >update their code when the directive was introduced.  You
 >should contact whoever made the version you are using run
 >on the Amiga and try to resolve it with them.  It is possible
 >that it is something in the base Apache code at fault, but
 >since I can't reproduce your problem it isn't really something
 >we can debug because of the fact that it isn't Apache, but
 >someone's modifications to Apache, that you are running.

 Ok, thanks for tha fast answer, but it should work good in original Apache,
 then it MUST
 be the modification in the amiga code.

 I should also say that the amiga version works fine (just this bug), and
 apache is a great server to work with,
 but I miss the GUI, another question, do you know if anyone made any cgi's for
 administrating the apache through a browser?

 /Tobias