www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Juergen Gluch <gl...@mail.lds.nrw.de>
Subject general/2881: Memory Leak
Date Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:10:16 GMT

>Number:         2881
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Memory Leak
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
A connection with a 'special' client-program makes the spawned apache to grap more
 and more memory until the system swaps and finally, when the program is repeated
often enough, the apache crashed. Before the system becomes unusable because of
extreme swpping.
>How-To-Repeat:
the special client-program is found at http://www.geek-girl.com, newest
bug-report for august.
I searched your database, but I did not found a notice of that bug. Am I the
only one, who checked out this little program???
>Fix:
I think this is because of the 'keep-alive-connections': after a normal 'GET /'
the client sends a special garbage-string, which is not good for apache! But WHY?
That's your turn.  ;-))