www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: config/2873: Feedback/Comment on APACI
Date Thu, 20 Aug 1998 09:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/2873; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rse@engelschall.com>
To: Artur Pydo - EuroBretagne <pydo@eurobretagne.fr>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: config/2873: Feedback/Comment on APACI
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 11:44:17 +0200

 On Thu, Aug 20, 1998, Artur Pydo - EuroBretagne wrote:

 > > > My little opinion on APACI : The main drawback is that we must work with
 > > > command line options.
 > >
 > > That's why we added the `config.status' feature. Look at the top-level where
 > > `configure' stays. After running it a script named `config.status' is created
 > > which stores all variables and options and can be re-run later to restore the
 > > configuration. Alternatively you can at least use it as a container where you
 > > look manually for the options you used.
 >
 > What about creating a user friendly configuration program/script to do all
 > this ? Is this something you plan ?

 It's not on my todo list and because for Apache 2.0 the configuration stuff
 has to be rewritten again IMHO it's not worth the effort to now create an even
 more friendly script. So, I'm sure the Apache Group will not provide another
 build-frontend theirself for Apache 1.3.

                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com
                                        www.engelschall.com