www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: config/2873: Feedback/Comment on APACI
Date Wed, 19 Aug 1998 16:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/2873; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rse@engelschall.com>
To: pydo@eurobretagne.fr
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: config/2873: Feedback/Comment on APACI
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 18:17:42 +0200

 In article <19980819094709.20214.qmail@hyperreal.org> you wrote:

 >[...]
 > My little opinion on APACI : The main drawback is that we must work with
 > command line options.  In this case, if i have to come back to this
 > configuration later and compile it again, i have to remind what this command
 > line exactly was. :( So it was simpler for me to use the previous
 > configuration style and edit Configuration.tmpl and have all these options
 > already set.
 >[...]

 That's why we added the `config.status' feature. Look at the top-level where
 `configure' stays. After running it a script named `config.status' is created
 which stores all variables and options and can be re-run later to restore the
 configuration. Alternatively you can at least use it as a container where you
 look manually for the options you used.

                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com
                                        www.engelschall.com