www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From chris kriese <kri...@earthlink.net>
Subject general/2869: Download archives corrupt?
Date Wed, 19 Aug 1998 00:57:10 GMT

>Number:         2869
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Download archives corrupt?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I downloaded both source and binary archives several times for release 1.3.1,
1.3.0 and 1.2.6 for both NT and Linux.  Each time the winzip, gzip and Linux tar
utilities are unable to recognize the archives. Also, no matter what the
extension on the down index page,tar.Z or tar.gz, the file comes down as tar.tar
>How-To-Repeat:
Definitely.  It is quite painful to download this large archives several times
on 33.6 modem!  http://www.apache.org/dist/