www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Trace Pupke <pup...@cofc.edu>
Subject Re: os-osf/2865: [error] (35)Operation would block: couldn't spawn child process: /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/Count.cgi
Date Tue, 18 Aug 1998 20:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-osf/2865; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Trace Pupke <pupket@cofc.edu>
To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: os-osf/2865: [error] (35)Operation would block: couldn't spawn
 child process: /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/Count.cgi
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:05:22 -0400

 At 03:32 PM 8/18/98 , Marc Slemko wrote:
 >On 18 Aug 1998, Trace Pupke wrote:
 >
 >> OSF1 V3.2 148 alpha
 >> Starts happening after the server is started and about 10-20 cgi scripts
 >> have been executed. Then all after that I get the error above.
 >>
 >> Checked the ulimit, it's set to unlimited.
 >>
 >> The only way I can keep it under control is to have in the crontab to
 >> restart the server every five minutes. But it still happens in between.
 >
 >This really looks like some problem with your OS, since it happens with
 >NCSA too.  Can you verify if this is related to the number of scripts
 >being executed at one time, or if it will happen after 10-20 scripts are
 >run even if there is only one running at any time?

 The only thing I can verify is that after restarting the server the scripts
 work for a short time then stop working until the server restarts again.

 I've noticed this message on the System messages:
                 vmunix: fork/procdup: task_create failed. Code: 0x11

 I think, no make that I know it's connected, because I just got a failed
 script
 and the message popped up at the same time.

 Any ideas? Thanks.

 Trace Pupke
 pupket@cofc.edu