www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: os-osf/2865: [error] (35)Operation would block: couldn't spawn child process: /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/Count.cgi
Date Tue, 18 Aug 1998 19:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-osf/2865; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Trace Pupke <pupket@cofc.edu>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: os-osf/2865: [error] (35)Operation would block: couldn't spawn
 child process: /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/Count.cgi
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 12:32:03 -0700 (PDT)

 On 18 Aug 1998, Trace Pupke wrote:

 > OSF1 V3.2 148 alpha
 > Starts happening after the server is started and about 10-20 cgi scripts
 > have been executed. Then all after that I get the error above.
 >
 > Checked the ulimit, it's set to unlimited.
 >
 > The only way I can keep it under control is to have in the crontab to
 > restart the server every five minutes. But it still happens in between.

 This really looks like some problem with your OS, since it happens with
 NCSA too.  Can you verify if this is related to the number of scripts
 being executed at one time, or if it will happen after 10-20 scripts are
 run even if there is only one running at any time?