www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Terry Chang <te...@www.books.com.tw>
Subject mod_auth-any/2862: the mod_auth_dbm is not working at all ... In the error_log, it says "passwddbm" file not found ...
Date Tue, 18 Aug 1998 03:56:16 GMT

>Number:         2862
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       the mod_auth_dbm is not working at all  ... In the error_log, it says
"passwddbm"  file not found ...
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
This is the same problem as PR#2027, PR#2371, PR#2376 and PR#2809.
Some people suspect that this is not Apache's bug, but gdbm package.
However, I think the problem IS in Apache.  I built Apache 1.2.1, 1.3.0 and
the latest 1.3.1 in the same environment using the same gcc with gdbm.
The 1.2.1 is working just fine.  but the newer ones failed.

The dbm password mechanism is very important to us.  Thus I am issuing this
PR as "serious".
>How-To-Repeat:
The bug can be reproduced easily.