www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Parker <jpar...@particle.co.uk>
Subject os-irix/2846: Client addresses logged as 255.255.255.255 in access log.
Date Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:48:49 GMT

>Number:         2846
>Category:       os-irix
>Synopsis:       Client addresses logged as 255.255.255.255 in access log.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
This problem is identical to that described in PR:2829.

Oddly enough, if 'hostnamelookup' is turned on, IP adresses that correctly resolve to a hostname
will display correctly in the access log..

What may compound the problem is that the apache I'm using is compiled with PHP 3.0.2 which
is in turn compiled with support for MySQL.