www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jesper Skriver <jes...@t.dk>
Subject general/2840: A single virtualhost directive "takes over" the entire config.
Date Wed, 12 Aug 1998 16:08:17 GMT

>Number:         2840
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       A single virtualhost directive "takes over" the entire config.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have a working installation of 1.3.1 (and php-3.0.2a) without any
virtualhost directives, and Document root is /usr/local/apache/share/htdocs/
as expected, then I add the following virtualhost directive:

<VirtualHost www.dk.freebsd.org>
DocumentRoot /export/www
ServerName www.dk.freebsd.org
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd_www.dk.freebsd.org_error
TransferLog /var/log/httpd_www.dk.freebsd.org_access
</VirtualHost>

And now all requests goes to the FreeBSD mirror page, regardsless of the
page requested is http://lillebror.skriver.dk/ og http://www.dk.freebsd.org/

I've tried almost anything, so at last I went back to 1.2.4, and here it works
with the same VirtualHost directive.

The same problem as reported in problem report 2697, but you gave no solution,
just said it was a user mistake, but please elaborate !!
Use the configs available at http://lillebror.skriver.dk/ with Apache 1.3.1
>Fix:
Works with 1.2.4, but I would like to use 1.3.x with PHP3 ... I'll now try 1.3.0