www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Larry Wilson <Larry_Wil...@stratus.com>
Subject general/2807: Access to files in path ftp:// simply bring them up to view ... don't download
Date Fri, 07 Aug 1998 14:02:48 GMT

>Number:         2807
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Access to files in path ftp:// simply bring them up to view ... don't
download
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I am probably ignorant regarding this capability, but I am lead to belive (from
the documents and books I've read) that setting up an anonymous ftp server and
accessing the server site using ftp://(site)/(filename) would cause the file to
be downloaded as opposed to being read by the browser.

Is this correct assumption?

If so, what am I missing in my setup?

If not, why even have ftp:// if it is the same as http:// ???

Thanks for any info.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Is it possible to set a general mime type for all elements in a directory...
aka. application/ftp ?